The 1974 Radio Shack catalog introduces the PRO-4 as the first handheld or pocket portable scanning VHF receiver.
That initial version required TWO 9v batteries for operation! This unit, shown in the 1975 catalog, needs only a single 9v battery for power with convenient space for a “spare battery.”
The “easy-access” crystal compartment has 2 crystals installed, 156.80 MHz and 155.55 MHz on channels 1 and 2, respectively.
The unit is in good condition as shown in the photos. Check the “breakthrough” features of this radio in the catalog snippet from radioshackcatalogs.com.
Important note: This scanner listed is for the Radio Shack or antique scanner collector. If you are looking for a programmable scanner with hundreds of channels and multiple frequency bands, then this is not the radio for you.
$8 shipping to U.S. addresses
Complete the form below to send a message to this owner.
Top 10 Items
- E.F. Johnson Co. 100ED30 dual air variable capacitor (585 views)
- E.F. Johnson Co. 154-8-98 air variable capacitor (514 views)
- Triplet Model 241-T thermocouple type RF ammeter (513 views)
- Weston Model 425A RF Ammeter (456 views)
- Realistic Crystal Controlled Pocket Weatheradio (439 views)
- CountyComm GP-5/SSB (427 views)
- Digitech AR-1780 (183 views)
- HR 2600 10M All Mode (158 views)
- Heathkit CR-1 Radio (146 views)
- Sony CF-950S (124 views)