- The 1974 Radio Shack catalog introduces the PRO-4 as the first handheld or pocket portable scanning VHF receiver.
That initial version required TWO 9v batteries for operation! This unit, shown in the 1975 catalog, needs only a single 9v battery for power with convenient space for a “spare battery.”
The “easy-access” crystal compartment has 2 crystals installed, 156.80 MHz and 155.55 MHz on channels 1 and 2, respectively.
The unit is in good condition as shown in the photos. Check the “breakthrough” features of this radio in the catalog snippet from radioshackcatalogs.com.
Important note: This scanner listed is for the Radio Shack or antique scanner collector. If you are looking for a programmable scanner with hundreds of channels and multiple frequency bands, then this is not the radio for you.
$10 shipping to U.S. addresses
Top 10 Items
- Triplet Model 241-T thermocouple type RF ammeter (1408 views)
- E.F. Johnson Co. 100ED30 dual air variable capacitor (1344 views)
- Weston Model 425A RF Ammeter (1170 views)
- Sony CF-950S (1147 views)
- Digitech AR-1780 (1059 views)
- Realistic Crystal Controlled Pocket Weatheradio (968 views)
- HR-1680 Receiver (890 views)
- Messenger 123A CB (851 views)
- Realistic PRO-4 (743 views)
- Talking House AM TX (657 views)